Here are some of the research-based benefits to providing Telehealth services:
- Increases access. Approximately 123 million Americans live in an area with limited access to healthcare. Telehealth can play an important role in these communities by increasing accessibility.
- Reduces costs for clients. Nearly all research suggests that Telehealth saves money when compared with traditional approaches to providing care. For clients, this often means lower copays, transportation costs, less time missed from work, and less money spent on child care expenses.
- Reduces cost for providers. In general, adding Telehealth to your practice can increase the efficiency of your office and reduce your overhead costs. Plus, it allows you to see more clients in less time.
- Better work/life balance. In a 2015 survey of clinicians, 79% said offering video appointments promotes a more flexible work-life schedule.
- Same-level client care. No client outcome difference was found between Telehealth appointments and face-to-face office visits.
- Better client experience. Telehealth eliminates the wasted time traveling and sitting in the waiting room.